Thursday, December 17, 2009

Disneyland - Friday

We had early entry to Mickey's Toontown on Friday, which was apparently a good thing so you can avoid crowds. On the way there, we had to stop and take some pictures!


Sleeping Beauty's castle. How pretty!


We got "PhotoPass" cards with our reservations, once I figured it all out it was pretty awesome. You register a code before your trip, then special photographers take your picture around the park and add in fun characters!


On to Toontown. We hung out for a bit with Michalene's family in here, that made it much more tolerable. Toontown is not particularly awesome if you don't have kids IMO. :)


They have photo opportunities everywhere in Toontown... Marlee was so cute trying to lift the barbell!


Lots of opportunities to take embarrassing vacation pics!


Inside Minnie's house. I think Minnie is color blind, there were so many color schemes going on that it was VERY distracting!



This might have been Courtney's favorite part of the whole trip. Donald is her favorite character, so it made her whole day to get a picture with him!


Courtney had to buy this capuchin monkey for some reason, I told her to make the goofy face. This might be one of my top 5 favorite pics from the whole trip!


Another PhotoPass. How cute is baby Simba!



This is Madson's grandson... he's so stinking cute! He's knocking on the White Rabbit's door. Just his size!



Zebras on the Jungle River Cruise. I think it's amusing how they try to make them so life-like and then leave their manes so fake-looking!


This is one of the dioramas that you see if you ride the train around the park. Dinosaurs are such an incredibly random thing to have at Disneyland!!

Later that night we went to Fantasmic, a show in which "Mickey battles evil and conjures good in a musical pyrotechnic spectacular with magnificent floating scenes and effects that will leave you breathless."


This is one of the only pictures I took that turned out halfway decent. I liked how Ariel's fins were silhouetted against the squirting water behind her.

 
This effect was awesome - it's video being projected onto spraying water. I recorded part of this portion of the show, I'll try and upload that later.


After all that fancy stuff Mickey has it out with Maleficent the Dragon. I think Maleficent is awesomely evil so I had to post this picture. Plus, the fire on the water is cool. :)

Then after Mickey wins and happily ever after starts, the fireworks started. By no means am I a talented photographer but I thought these turned out pretty darn well!







Thank heavens for a "fireworks" setting on the camera!

After the fireworks Courtney and I decided to make one last stop before calling it a night...


The tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room where the birds sing words and the flowers croon!



None of my pictures of the flowers turned out so the birds will have to suffice.

Fun stuff!

2 comments:

Mikey said...

I swear I saw FSM in your fireworks pictures!

And by the way, I love your new profile pic.

BECKY said...

The monkey pic is HILARIOUS!!!

And I totally thought those zebras were real. :)

I'm so glad Mickey won... what would have happened. thanks for the official description of the show. :)