Monday, November 2, 2009

Cookies

I found a recipe last week for Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cookies that I decided to try. I liked the idea since 1) it starts with pre-made cookie dough (less work for me!), 2) it looked relatively easy, and 3) the finished product was stinking cute. This is what they were intended to look like when done:





Cute, right? Perfect for Halloween or Thanksgiving. Little did I know what I was getting myself into. My first problem was that my store didn't have any peanut butter cookie dough - only chocolate chip and sugar cookie. I decided to go with the sugar cookie since it seemed the best option at the time. I bought all the other ingredients and headed home to get cookin'.


As I was walking in the door with my groceries, I realized that I had given my food coloring to my friend Becky about two weeks earlier. She came over to help me decorate my apartment and we made yummy brownies with colored icing. I hadn't used my food coloring in about 10 months so I gave it to her since I was 99% sure I wouldn't need it ever again. Foolish me. :)


I decided that two strikes was still workable, I would just have white sugar cookie pumpkins instead of what the recipe said. Note: the recipe does say to add flour, which I did, but they totally didn't work right. I even added extra flour beyond what the recipe called for hoping it would help, but to no avail. This is how my cookies turned out:





Not so much... mine in no way resemble pumpkins! At least my family seemed to enjoy them! If you decide to give this recipe a shot, make your own cookie dough so you know it will work!


Happy Late Halloween!

3 comments:

BECKY said...

This post makes me smile. :) No doubt the flat pumpkins tasted good--they look tasty!

The Finlinsons said...

haha. I'm sorry, I can't help but laugh...that's totally how half of the things I make turn out. Especially if I try to be extra creative or cute.

The important part...they still tasted good.

Deann H said...

ROFL... yes they were good. You can't go wrong with cookies. But if I tried to make them the same would have happened. I'm not so good with substitutes or baking.